Thursday, April 24, 2008

What It Takes to Get a Job as a Professional Blogger

A recent list of jobs whose demand for applicants is growing showed "blogger" as an item near the top of the list. There is a growing demand for bloggers who will work for a company and use their blogging skills to promote the company's business. One book I read gave advice to companies in choosing and hiring people for this role. One piece of advice: look for someone who is ridiculously prolific, someone who writes and writes and writes and loves it.

That may be one area where I fall short. I tell myself I love to write. But if that is true, why is it that I haven't posted an entry to this blog for over six months?

Actually, I do like to write, provided I have something to say on a subject. I am not so good at using entertaining and interesting language to say nothing.

Anyway, if anyone is looking to enter that career, if you haven't started your own blog yet, I encourage you to start one and post to it frequently. It will give you practice, and if you are good, or become good at it, you will have something to show a prospective employer.

No comments: